This recipe is one of my favourites at the moment to make when I’m cooking for guests. Besides the fact that its quick and easy to whip up; its also easy to double, triple etc and you can use it for leftovers or lunches for the next day.
It really is one of those foolproof ‘safe’ recipes that never seems to go wrong.
We’ll start with the Marinade
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- Half cup of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Half cup of chopped fresh coriander
- 6 Chicken Thigh cutlets
- 1 400g of organic canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- ½ cup of dried apricots
You need a large pot with a thick base or a casserole dish for this recipe.
- Put all the ingredients together for the marinade and evenly coat the chicken with it and place in the fridge for four hours
- Brown the chicken till golden in the pan and set aside
- Cook the onion till golden
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, red capsicum and apricots and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the canned tomatoes
- Add the chicken
- Turn the heat down and let simmer for about 20 minutes
- When the chicken has cooked through and you have a nice thick and chunky sauce serve
You can have this with steamed vegies or try green beans with almonds for something different. Enjoy!!